zaterdag 12 oktober 2013

How I want to be


Since last Sunday I live in Gand, to work for the Film Fest. 

My father arranged a home for me, 15minutes by bicycle from my the office of the Film Fest. The 66 year old lady lives in a very cosy apartment, and has kind of the same decoration I have in my house. Colorful walls, decorated with souvenirs from whole the world, like paintings from Nepal and water bags from Egypt. Cupboards full of books about traveling, spirituality and romans. The house has a nice smell of warmt and hospitality. She is such an interesting person. She volunteers, travels, and hikes a lot. She hiked from Belgium to Santiago de Compostella some years ago, and even reached heights of 6000 meters height, with an age counting more than 60 winters… She is very simple in her way, totally no materialist, but saves money for journeys. She is not stressed, and relaxed, and that is why she looks so strong. She is in fact how I hope to be, when i am 60 years old. 

I am so grateful to have her in my life, and share some relaxing moments, tea and good conversations in the early morning and late evening. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten