woensdag 11 september 2013

Death is part of the cycle


"Death exists, not as the opposite but as part of life"
By living our lives, we nurture death. True as this might be,
it was only one of the truths we had to learn. (...) 
No truth can cure the sadness 
we feel from losing a loved one. No truth, no sincerity, no
strength, no kindness, can cure that sorrow. All we can do is 
see that sadness through to the end and learn something
from it, but what we learn will be no help in facing the next
sadness that comes to us without warning. Hearing the waves
at night, listening to the sound of the wind, day after day I
focused on these thoughts of mine. Knapsack on my back, 
sand in my hair, I moved farther and farther west...

-Norwegian Wood, Murakami-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When a tree has been felled,
you can see whole his story.
His joy, his pain, his anger, his dreams...

Life is like a cycle,
things come, things go...

Memories are whispers of leaves
fading away into nothing...

Who am I,
wandering around in the forest,
following shadows I don't know,
teasing the leaves under my soles... ?

Memories are dandelions in the air,
the wind of the mind blows it in every direction... 

But there are two things which I always find,
on every trip in the forest, during every dance in the flower field,
the rose, and you.
I love them both...
the rose for one day, because then nature comes,
and you forever, because some things are stronger than our human nature.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten